Pages

Thursday 21 February 2013

Broccoli, Stilton and Walnut Pasta

This is a relatively simple and easy to make dish; the recipe came out of one of those evenings when I got back from work and there was not much 'fresh' food in the house and I couldn't be bothered to go shopping. I had some Stilton that needed using up and some frozen broccoli in the freeze so thought I'd combine them in a pasta sauce. I normally have some walnuts in the baking cupboard and I thought for a change I'd try adding it to this pasta sauce. It worked really well, adding a lovely flavour and texture.




Serves 2

Ingredients:
150 - 200g pasta, depending on how big you like your servings.
250g Broccoli
50g Stilton (feel free to use more if you love blue cheese)
3 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 cloves garlic

1. Cook broccoli in a pan of boiling water and drain.

2. In a frying pan, add oil and fry garlic until softened. Add the broccoli and walnuts and continue to fry.



3. Meanwhile cook the pasta. Once cooked, drain and return to the pan. Immediately crumble the stilton directly into the pan and stir thoroughly to melt. Add a drop of olive oil if the sauce looks dry.

4. Finally, add the broccoli, garlic, and walnuts and stir in. Season with salt and pepper as desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment