Pages

Friday 22 November 2013

Banana, Pecan and Apricot Loaf Cake

Since having a baby two weeks ago, as you might imagine I've not done a huge amount of cooking or baking. This was my first attempt at post-baby baking and it turned out very well, especially considering I made up the recipe as I had some dried apricots and yoghurt that needed using up. I wanted to make this banana cake distinct from my wholewheat banana nut loaf, so I didn't add any spices, but you could jazz this up a bit by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon if you wanted to. 





Ingredients

125g butter
170g caster sugar
2 eggs
250g self raising flour
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 - 3 bananas
100g pecans (75g chopped for the filling, 25g whole for the topping)
50g dried apricot

Instructions

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F / Gas Mark 4

1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and beat until mixed.

2. Add flour and stir to mix.

3. Add vanilla essence, yoghurt and golden syrup and stir in.

4. Mash or chop bananas, chop apricot and 75g of the pecans, and stir thoroughly to combine.



5. Transfer to loaf tin and top with the remaining pecans. Bake in oven for about an hour until cooked through.



No comments:

Post a Comment